Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Happy Thursday Everyone!! This week has seemed so long for me since I have worked 3 days in a row instead of 1 on, 1 off, 2 on. We have also been busy in the evenings and I feel like I haven't sat down until 8 at night. Last night we did a good detailing on my car because I am saying goodbye to it! My dad has been wanting a new car and so for our wedding gift they are selling mine and giving me his. My car has been through a lot and has a few things not exactly up to snuff, so I am happy to gain leather seats, a working cd player and most of all a sunroof again!

I wish that I would have taken a photo of dinner last night because it was one of the best and easiest pastas, but I was so starved that it didn't even cross my mind. The night before I had made an extra chicken breast, seasoned with kosher salt, pepper and lemon pepper on both sides then grilled. So I cut that into cubes.
I took asparagus, cut into thirds, broccoli florets and sliced portabella mushrooms and cooked them in a large skillet with a tiny bit of olive oil, s&p. Once tender I added the chicken until heated. I transferred this to a large bowl once warm.
I cooked my linguine, reserving 2 tbsp pasta water and not rinsing after it was cooked.
Back in the large skillet I placed olive oil (maybe 1/4 cup) and fresh minced garlic and sauteed for a few minutes. Then I added crushed red pepper and stirred for another minute. Toss back in the pasta and veggies/protein and add a sprinkle of salt, pepper, fresh grated parmesan and parsley and serve. The red pepper gives it a really nice added kick!

Anyway, we are out of town this weekend and I am getting the full on Keratin treatment tonight, which I am excited about! It's the one that is supposed to last for 5 months and I got it at under 1/2 off through living social. I scored my brazilian blowout through Groupon and loved it so much that I needed to defrizz my hair again! I follow living social and groupon and there have been numerous deals on these hair treatments, it's just finding one at a salon that you trust. I will do a review on this treatment since it is different and actually supposed to improve the condition of your hair.

We have a really busy few weeks ahead so I am looking forward to a busy ending to the summer! Next weekend my family is going to come to gainesville to hang out, eat some sushi and a cinnabon and have a good time. Then Adams dad and family arrive that Tuesday and stay for a week. That weekend we will go to Orlando for our Fantasy Football Draft, to celebrate my birthday (27!) and attend our at home reception at my parents house. The following weekend Adam will be traveling to Nashville to start his new job!

I haven't mentioned on here yet that Adam got a promotion at work and we are headed up to Nashville! It is perfect timing since we just got married and Gainesville isn't the most social place for us to be. I am really looking forward to all that the new city has to offer and am so proud of A! This is a big step for him and for us and I can't wait to see what else lies ahead. I will definitely miss my family but now our visits will be more like vacations! Plus, now I get to wear some cute fall/winter clothes :) I am getting my job transferred as well, so everything really worked out.

So, there's a recap of all that's happening here. Getting ready for a move is not fun, but it's coming fast enough that it should be fairly painless! Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment