Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

PB & J Cookies

I have really been on a peanut butter kick, which is not like me and a pleasant change actually. I wanted to make these cookies a while ago but didn't have anyone to share them with and I was concerned about their freezing factor with the jelly. Turns out they are awesome from the freezer! I whipped up a batch and froze them, taking half to my parents house this weekend and leaving half for me. My sisters ate them all up and agreed that they weren't sure how jelly on a cookie would be but that it worked. For some reason my cookies flattened out, so next time I will try chilling the dough before I fill it with the nutella/jelly combo.
This cookie screams 'fun for kids' to me, too!

PB&J Cookies (from My Baking Heart)
1 c peanut butter
1 c sugar
1 lg egg
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 c jelly
2 tbsp Nutella (optional)


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine peanut butter, sugar, egg, and flour in a large bowl & mix until well combined. Roll the dough into small balls and place on a baking sheet (about 15 to a sheet). The dough is a little crumbly, so I would squish each piece in my hands before rolling them into a ball shape.

Using a small rounded spoon, make an indent in the center of each cookie, deep enough to allow for jam filling. If using, place about a 1/4 teaspoon of Nutella into each cookie. Place about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Jelly on each cookie (don’t worry if the jelly overflows a little, it will pretty much hold its shape through the cooking process). Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let set and cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment