Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday, all! I don't know about you, but we had a very busy weekend. I am still a bit exhausted as we had some major thunderstorms all night and I didn't sleep well, so here is a picture recap.
 On Thursday I had my Keratin treatment done. There are so many products out there, and I got the Global Keratin with Juvexin. The treatment was fast and I was out within 2 hours. Plus, it smelled like chocolate and Adam even informed me that my hair 'smells like a pastry' which I thought was pretty funny. You do have to leave it in for 2 days, but it doesn't look greasy or weigh your hair down much. I shampooed 48 hours after and blowdried/flat ironed in record time. The above photo is after that - and my hair looked exactly the same after a night on the town in humid weather. This treatment is actually supposed to repair your hair, make it feel lighter and last for 5 months. I like it so far and am waiting to see how it looks when I simply let it air dry.
 We headed to Nashville early Friday morning to house hunt. Since we move in only a few weeks we were lucky to find a really great realtor and found a home that we absolutely love in a great neighborhood. Nashville was a ton of fun, too! Here we are on Friday night eating sushi at Virago. It was really good and we will go back!
 Saturday night I threw a little twist in my hair - my bangs aren't really bangs anymore and so I feel like I need a little something in the front.
 We went downtown and had a blast, although we felt pretty old when we headed back to the hotel by 10:00 pm central time. We hadn't fully adjusted and really I think are just old people! We went to Merchants for our first beer and burgers.
This burger was so delicious! Its medium rare with a fried egg, bacon, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onion and mayo. They also had really good sweet potato wedges and I LOVE that is automatically came with a side of BBQ sauce. I could really get used to that and am sure I will.

Things to note: I need a pair of cowgirl boots as that is the thing to wear; every musician is enjoyable at each bar; I need to resist eating at every new restaurant within the first 30 days - so many yummy looking places! I am really excited to move to such a fun city and feel like I got a good feel for everything. There are so many activities going on all the time, football team, baseball, museums, concerts, festivals, farmers market, etc that I think we will be set!

Does anyone live near Nashville? Any tips on moving there, what to do, see, or places to be? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment