Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

1 Ripe Banana = Banana Bread Cookies


I have been trying to have us brown bag lunch most days of the week, and this includes breakfast. I don't ever really feel like waking up early to make a warm breakfast for us (although today I did, and I definitely won't again) so I have been trying to do fruits and yogurt for us. I buy bananas for Adam mostly because I know he likes and will eat them. I usually stick to strawberries or blueberries for myself!

Anyway, this week I found myself with just 1 very over ripe banana. I didn't want to throw it out, so I let it sit for a few more days until I hit up google and searched for an answer to my banana dilemma. I didn't have enough for banana bread so I searched for a cookie solution. Along came this little recipe which called for 1 banana and no butter. I was able to whip these up in under 30 minutes from start to clean up! They are perfect and I love the browned rims on them! I will pop them in the freezer and they can be a snack or breakfast on the run. They also go great with a cup of coffee and are much less messy than slicing a whole loaf. I got 2 dozen cookies out of this recipe, and each is about 105 calories.



Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Cookies (from Carrots N Cake)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup canola oil
1 ripe banana
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
A few dashes of cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl

Coat baking sheet with non-stick spray

Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop to portion cookies onto baking sheet

Bake for 15 minutes until cookies start to brown

No comments:

Post a Comment