Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Fun and Busy Times

What a crazy week it has been, and will continue to be! Ill make it short and sweet and promise to return with some exciting things soon - since we move this week! Thursday the movers come to pack us up and Friday night we head up to our new home in Nashville, TN. I am excited to start off in a new place that has so much going on all of the time and family is already planning trips to see us (going to miss them!!!). So in between work days I have a ton of cleaning and packing to do - luckily my mom will come help us clean before our walk through with the landlord, it will be a huge help. Here's what we've been up to:

My stepdaughter came to visit! Adam's daughter lives in Connecticut and we were so excited that she was finally able to make it down to see us again. We had a blast and are so sad that she had to go so soon. Hoping that soon we will be able to see her much more frequently at our home! Adams dad, step mom brother and sister also came into town, so we all went to the beach, swimming and hung out at home. (note: Jumping waves with 40some pounds clung to your side is an awesome leg workout)

 She was sad to go home and requested to help me make cupcakes and cake for her special last night. She assisted me with whipping up a batch of Hersheys Chocolate mini cupcakes and Magnolia Bakery's Vanilla Buttercream frosting, which I dyed her favorite shade of purple. The next morning she was on her way home with Adam. We were really upset that she couldn't stay and attend our at home wedding reception (she wasn't able to make it to our wedding either)
We had friends and family come celebrate our wedding, closer to home this time. I loved the idea from food network for the Hostess Snack Cake Wedding Cake, so my mom, sister and I put this together the morning of the party. Everyone loved it and so did I! We have lots of tropical drinks, food, slide shows and fun. We are so fortunate for all of the love we received.

How do you cope with the stress of a busy time in your life? I think that I may be getting the sniffles and am really hoping that it doesn't amount to anything more. I'll be back soon with our new home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment