Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Baking up some Pumpkin Treats

At the end of the work week it will officially by October! I'm really not sure what it is about the change from summer to fall that I love so much, but I'm sure that all of the pumpkin things has something to do with it. I read that it is supposed to be in the low 80's Sunday through next week; and this is a temperature drop for Florida, so I am anxiously awaiting that time. Since it will be October, I figure it will be ok to pull out the crockpot. Adam is going to make some chili on Saturday and we will pick up some soft, crusty bread from a local bakery to go with it. I am beyond excited for this, as he really does a great job with chili, and I am ready to pretend it's cool out. We will also begin decorating for our Halloween party, as it's the last time I will be up in Gainesville until the party weekend, so I can't wait for that either. I'm thinking chili, halloween decorations and scary movies.

I am ready to bake some things this weekend also. All of my spices and ingredients are at Adam's, so I wait to bake until I am up there and have the weekend days to enjoy it. Last time I planned on making this pumpkin biscotti, we were out of vanilla. I was dissapointed, but now it means that I get to make them this weekend. I have a vision of them with white chocolate on the bottoms too, dipping them into my coffee and drifting off to a northern state where I'm wrapped in soft blanket on the couch watching the leaves slowly fall to the ground. I am also going to try my hand at bagels for the first time. Pumpkin bagels, in fact! These are something gthat I am really excited about and praying that they will turn out well. This saturday the kitchen is going to be filled with fall aromas, it will be heavenly!

In Orlando, every September is Disney Maginal Dining month. This is when a group of restaurants offer a $30 meal deal, which usually includes an appetizer, entree and dessert. A lot of seafood and steak places get in on it and it is a nice chance to go in and try them out before committing to a $120 bill. Tonight we are heading to Chatham's, which has been booked up every weekend this month. I am going with the lobster bisque and the filet, which is a much nicer meal than I cook up! It should be fun, and gives me an excuse to skip the gym and peruse the mall after work (what- I can't go all sweaty to dinner, so what other option is there??) Sounds like a great way to celebrate being halfway through the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment