Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Lasagna


My camera is in the midst of dying, so I had to use the camera on my phone to take this, which is why it looks so white. Although, I have honestly never really seen a good picture of lasagna to begin with, so I think it's ok. Kelly made buffalo chicken lasagna about a year ago, and it has been making its way around the blog world the past few months. Everyone seems to have their own take on it, so I took this recipe and adjusted to what I thought sounded good. My fatal mistake was using a pan that was too big, so I ran out of sauce at the end and could only top with ricotta and mozzarella. Besides that we really enjoyed this and had a lot leftover to freeze for lazy nights. The recipe that I used is below. I served with garlic knots, the same recipe as my garlic rollups, only the dough is tied in a knot instead of rolled.

Buffalo Chicken Lasagna (adapted from allrecipes.com)
2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast - cooked and shredded
1 cup hot sauce
2 cups alredo sauce
3/4 cups water
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 small onion, chopped
1 egg, beaten
1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
uncooked lasagna noodles
1 large bag shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a lasagna pan.

In a large bowl combine the chicken, alfredo, hot sauce, water, garlic powder, onion; mix well and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together the egg beat and ricotta cheese.


Spread just enough of the chicken mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan to make a light coating. Layer with lasagna noodles, then half of the chicken mixture. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta/egg mixture over all, then top with 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of noodles, half of the remaining chicken mixture, remaining ricotta mixture and half of the remaining mozzarella. Top with one last layer of noodles and remaining chicken mixture and mozzarella.

Cover pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 70 minutes. Remove cover and bake uncovered for another 5 minutes.

Remove from oven, cover and let stand for about 15 to 20 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment