Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Peanut Butter Brownies


Do you ever bake something, or buy something, knowing the entire time you are doing it that it is a BAD idea? I tend to do that a lot. I'm all like 'Oh a brownie sounds good' and then I'm looking through my pinterest boards, baking a whole batch, then eating the end pieces to 'test' and then of course having a 'real piece' and then having a bite once they've all cooled. Dont forget that one I tried after they had frozen. It's just a really bad process and I know it every step of the way! But, I do it anyway and I enjoy each bite just like I should.

I looove these brownies. Especially because I keep them in the freezer and these came out undercooked. The best way to eat a frozen brownie is when it's undercooked because it's very soft, but without tasting completely like batter. If you are going to eat these fresh I would cook another couple of minutes but if you plan to freeze, just go with the recipe time.

and yes, that brownie is sitting atop a Hello Kitty Valentines box. Remy is giving those out, along with Rubber Duckies, to her classmates this year :) But I wouldn't dare give away these brownies with them.

Peanut Butter Brownies (slightly adapted from Blue Eyed Bakers)
1  package of brownie mix (I used Duncan Hines and a 10x10 pan)
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (not old-fashioned)
1 tbsp cremy peanut butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a  baking pan - you can choose how thick you want them to be. for me I had to spread the brownie batter really thin, but I like how they came out.

In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla extract and whisk well. Add the brownie mix and stir until combined.

Spread half the brownie mixture into the pan first using a spoon and then using your hands to flatten evenly.

In a medium bowl, using a rubber spatula or spoon, mix together the sweetened condensed milk and the peanut butter until smooth. Gently spread the mixture over the first layer of brownie until evenly covering the brownie mix. (I found that I had a little leftover, so feel free to just eat that! :) )

Break the remaining browniemix into pieces and flatten with your hands and slowly and gently spread over the peanut butter mixture. It will be a bit messy. Use your hands to coax the final brownie layer into the corners and covering the peanut butter. (some of my edges weren't covered by the top brownie mix, but that turned out to be ok)

Finally, bake the brownies for 25-30 minutes until the top is set and the edges are lightly browning. Cool on a wire rack before cutting and serving.

2 comments:

  1. Larry Weltman sees realtors making when they get into the real estate business is thinking it’s an easy way to score big commissions.

    ReplyDelete