Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Glazed Salmon with Broccoli Rice



Adam and I eat fish probably 1-2 times a week. It's something lighter than other meats and always quicks up fast. I'm always looking for new recipes to work with, because I feel like the basic salt, pepper, lemon recipe is always  good but boring. So I pinned this salmon recipe and gave it a go.

This was one of my favorite meals that I've had in a while. It was so simple and I loved the onion added into it. The Glaze is amazing. It takes no time to throw together. There are no negatives in this dish. With lent coming up, you'll need some no-meat dishes for your friday nights - I suggest adding this to your list and trying it out. (yes, we eat on paper plates. I hate doing dishes at the ened of the day.)

Glazed Salmon with Broccoli Rice (slightly adapted from Real Simple)
1/4 cup brown sugar

2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 cup brown rice
1 head broccoli, florets only, chopped (about 2 cups)
4 pieces skinless salmon fillet (1 1/4 pounds total)
1 large red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
kosher salt and black pepper

Heat broiler. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and soy sauce. Set aside.


Cook the rice according to the package directions. Steam broccoli.

Meanwhile, place the salmon and onion on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.

Broil until the salmon is opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes, spooning half the soy sauce glaze over the fish during the last 2 minutes of cooking.

Plate your rice and broccoli, and serve the salmon and onion on top with the remaining glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment