Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese


If you're looking for the perfect game day food, look no further! This is grilled cheese taken to a whole new level of goodness. Being another pinned recipe that I tried out and immediately fell in love with, I don't see how I could ever leave pinterest. Although to be fair, this blogger is in my blogger reader....I just never seem to go there since Pinning has entered my radar. So I guess Ill be lucky if anyone reads my blog again!

Buffalo anything makes you think football and grilled cheese makes you think fall - so how could this not be the most appropriate sandwich for Sundays? I still think you could pair this with some tomato soup to keep a little bit of tradition to it. And throw a plate of sweet potato fries or roasted carrots into the mix. Hmmm now you see my food mind coming out - no wonder I can't lose my flab, right?!

The buffalo chicken salad is great the next day, too, straight from the bowl in the fridge that you put it in! (hint, hint - make extra)

Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese (from Closet Cooking)
1/4 cup cooked shredded chicken, warm
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1/2 tablespoon mayo (optional)
1 tablespoon carrot, grated
1 tablespoon celery, sliced
1 tablespoon green or red onion, sliced or diced (I used red and green onion)
1 tablespoon blue cheese, room temperature, crumbled (i left this out)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, room temperature, grated
2 slices bread (go get yourself some good bakery bread)
1 tablespoon butter, room temperature

Mix the chicken, hot sauce, mayo, carrot, celery and onion in a small bowl.


Butter the outside of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheeses on the inside of one slice of bread, top with the buffalo chicken salad, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.

Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.

Add the sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.

No comments:

Post a Comment