Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Time to Eat Healthy Again!


Since My diet is back on I really wanted some new foods to put into my daily rotation. Enter pinterest! I took almost a long of a break from pinning as I did blogging, but I am back to it. I went through my prior pins to get some ideas to start with and will continue to gather new ones. I am trying to say around 1500 calories per day.

My lunches are consisting of fruit, raw veggies and a sandwich or half of a wrap. I use Sara lee 45 calorie bread so that I stay lower in the calorie range. Plus I add in some sort of a sweet.

Frozen Yogurt Blueberries
I love cold sweets, and always try to sub fruit for candy when I diet.

Just get a package of fresh blueberries and an individual size container of honey Greek yogurt. Dump the berries in a bowl with half of the yogurt and mix to coat. Spread on a plate and place in freezer until firm. Then repeat with the other half of the yogurt.

Once they are completely frozen, place in Tupperware and store.


Peanut Butter and Jelly Fruit Slices
This really needs no explanation but is something I never thought of before. I love it on the apple slices in place of bread. it makes your fruit more filling and gives it a new twist.

I got a new pair of running shoes (Brooks pure flow, which feel like clouds on my feet!) and ran twice this week. I went out on a 2.25 mile path and ran about half. My legs are somehow sore from it and I am remembering how difficult it is to get back into running after a big break. I will forge on and hope to be back up to 3 miles soon, plus I will start adding in core workouts in a week or 2.

I hope to get rid of my flab and get my muscle tone back so that I can buy some new clothes for the end of summer/start of fall. It's kind of a big chunk of my motivation right now-I need to be as stylish as my little Rem!

No comments:

Post a Comment