Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pinspirtion: Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread


I mentioned my Pinterest obsession in previous posts, and this weekend I got to bringing some of those things to life in my home. For one, I made this bread that I had been thinking about ever since I pinned it. It comes from Cookies and Cups and I had high hopes for it. I have to say that if I make it again I would omit the peanut butter and replace with 2 more bananas. The peanut butter taste was just too overwhelming for me but I did like the addition of the mini cups. I also suggest eating this after it has completely cooled - much tastier than when warm.


Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread (from Cookies and Cups)
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz bag of Reese’s Mini cups

Preheat oven to 350
Grease your loaf pan (I used an 8 x 4 pan) with butter or shortening.

In a medium bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.

In a large bowl stir together your bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg and sugars.

Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy.

Fold in your Reese’s Mini cups and spread batter into prepared pan.

Bake for approx 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment