Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Zucchini Rice


This is a pretty awful photo but don't let that deter you - this was a nice twist to regular, plain brown rice. I had zucchini leftover from the fries and I saw this recipe in my google reader and concluded that it was meant to be. I made 2 cups of rice and then used half for this recipe and will use the leftover for some shrimp fried rice later in the week - killing 2 birds with one stone on a weeknight is always a plus!

Zucchini Rice (slightly adapted from A Taste of Home Cooking)
1 cup minute Brown Rice, uncooked
1 cup Chicken Stock
1/2 Tbsp Butter (I chose smart balance)
1/4 Zucchini, grated or matchstick
Cheddar Cheese -  I used under 1/4 cup and just eyeballed it to add a touch of flavor but not overpower
Kosher Salt and Black Pepper

Cook rice according to package using chicken stock instead of water. Once done add in butter and zucchini and cover. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add in cheese, salt and pepper and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment