Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Garlic Honey Slow Cooker Chicken


I am loving the fact that more crockpot recipes are coming out for me to try. It is so nice coming home to half of dinner being cooked already. I found this recipe both here and here and it sounded like something I would really enjoy - the honey garlic flavor is one that I love. The only thing that I didnt like was the fact that this only takes 6 hours to cook. I am gone for much longer and even when Adam leaves late in the morning it is not late enough. I decided to try this on a work day despite that to at least get a sense for what this was.

The flavor of this chicken is great - sweet and still savory. I added a touch of chili powder and will put more in next time (the amount below is what I will put in from now on) - it just takes it up another notch and adds some more dimension. Serve with rice, pasta, orzo - anything would be good with this. This cooked for about 8 hours so it was a bit dry, especially the ends, so next time I use this it will be on a day off.

Garlic Honey Slow Cooker Chicken
4 Chicken breasts
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/2 cup low sodium Soy Sauce
1/3 cup Honey (I did half honey and half agave nectar)
3 cloves Garlic, crushed/minced
1 tsp Basil, dry or chopped if fresh
2 tsp Chili Powder

Place chicken in crock pot. Combine all other ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment