Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Feel Good Food: Crockpot Beef Stew


Being that I lived in the Florida heat for the last 12 years or so, I could never crock in early september, so now that Im in Nashville, when the temperature drops I want to take full advantage. I decided to make beef stew and freeze it in individual portions after I ate my own bowl. The beef was tender and it all blended together perfectly while I was at work. The smell that lingered in the house was perfect for the weather - cloudy, rainy and about 60 degrees. I hope to crock more and make freezer meals for lazy cold days. For now, I suggest trying this! I ate this with some fresh bread from publix - slightly spread with butter and topped with a little sat, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper and a sprinkle of mozzarella.


Beef Stew (adapted from allrecipes.com)
2 lbs Stew Meat
1 Onion, chopped
1/4c All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 packet McCormicks Beef Stew Seasoning
1 clove Garlic, minced
2 tsp Paprika
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Bay Leaves
1.5 c Beef Broth
1/4c Water
2 baking potatoes, diced
4 Carrots, sliced
1 stalk Celery, chopped

Place meat, flour, salt and pepper in a ziploc bag and shake until meat is completely covered. (for an extra step, brown the meat in olive oil on medium high in a skillet.)

Add everything to the crockpot. Give it a stir and cook on low for 10-12 hours, or high for 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment