Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm Back!

Hello and Happy Monday, everyone! I am back safe and sound from Panama. It was quite the trip to take alone, but I was happy to be able to help my mom out. I got in on tuesday early afternoon and was put to work right away: walking to the very small market for apples, snacks and water and then to a bakery around the corner for donuts and bread. Panama City is bustling with cars and people all over the place. They drive like maniacs and you really need to be careful crossing the street in a lot of areas. They also speak all spanish so going alone with no recollection of those 4 years of spanish class was a bit intimidating. I did learn 'Para Llevar' which means 'to-go' for all of our dinners, but I can't say I learned much else!

My mom booked a 7 hour tour for us one day and we went to the Panama Canal, which was actually extremely interesting! I watched a couple of ships come through the canal and had a caramel filled churro and a balboa beer. We also went to a small shopping market, through the old village, to a church with a really beautiful all gold altar, and to the top of a mountain with a 360 degree view of the City. I would have preferred to go under different circumstances and was definitely ready to get home on Friday! Everyone had ramps and a wheelchair waiting for my mom, so she is much more mobile now and will see a doctor here in the states this week. I believe she will be A-OK for the wedding!

Speaking of....in 3 weeks it will be my wedding day! A lot of things just seem surreal right now to me. Its my last full, 5 day, week at the office and this weekend is my bachelorette party, I move next week and then we head out. I will be taking on a whole new life and am really excited about it - it came pretty quick!! I didn't step foot in a gym or put down the pizza/lasagna/bread/rice/cookies/candy last week, so I am really in full on diet mode this week! I am also getting the brazilian blowout on Wednesday and am excited to share the results! Not only is my hair wavy, but extremely frizzing in the humidity, so this should really help out on the island as well as at home.

While away I really missed a lot of my co-worker friends, so I think it will be harder than expected to be away from them for good, and also to not be a hop away from my parents house! Adam did buy some new golf clubs and said that he will want to come to Orlando more to golf, so I don't think we will be away for too many weeks at a time. Anyway, a lot to do in a short amount of time! I hope that everyone had a great week and I can't wait to catch up on everything!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe you're getting married in three weeks! Time certainly has flown by. I feel like you just got engaged! Enjoy every minute of all the events to come. :)

    ReplyDelete