Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Bridesmaid's Brunch Recap

Tissue Paper Pom Poms
Chocolate Chip Mararoons
New York Style Crumb Cake

Good Morning everyone and Happy Monday!!! I hope you enjoyed your weekend and had a nice mother's day. My Sunday was relaxing and I was shocked to realize that I have only 3 full work weeks left at my office. Technically I work a half week as my last week is the week of the memorial holiday and last day is a Thursday. Even though I have definitely complained a fair amount about my job, I will really miss some of the people here. I hate saying goodbyes and am dreading doing it in a few weeks. It seems that at the office it takes a while to really get to know people and become more than co-workers, so to have to leave that often feels sad and like a step back. I hope to be able to find some new friends in Gainesville since I won't have my sisters or anyone that I really know.

On a different note, I had my bridesmaid breakfast on Saturday and I have some things to share throughout the week with you. I had a spread of bacon cheddar quiche, which I failed to take a photo of, macaroons, coffee cake, bagels, fruit skewers, a bloody mary bar and mimiosas/screwdrivers. It was a lot of fun and I think that everyone enjoyed their gifts as well. Speaking of friends and missing people, my sisters are by far my best friends and I never tire of seeing them. I am going to miss them all so much when I move and I really only have 2 weekends to spend in Orlando with them and my parents before I head off. Not that I'm moving so far away that I will never see them, but I won't be seeing them daily like I do now. I mostly wanted to have the party for this reason - to say thanks for all that they do, wedding wise as well as sister and friend wise. I hope that I achieved that on Saturday.

Recipes to come!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. Love the pom poms and chocolate macaroons. Can't wait for that recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete