Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Chocolate Chip Macaroons

I am pretty sure that I've stated before that there is one blogger whose food speaks directly to me! Pineapple Grass seems to catch my eye with almost every post, so it was only fitting that I used their recipes for two of my breakfast items. These chocolate chip coconut macaroons are so simple, take only a few ingredients and makes a large batch. I love chocolate and coconut, and i think you could even add some chopped almonds to these to mimic an almond joy! They taste like summer to me, and I couldn't have been more pleased with them.
Chocolate Chip coconut Macaroons (from Pineapple Grass)
12-14 oz. flaked coconut (about 5+ c.)
6 T. flour
2/3 c. sugar
1/4 t. salt
4 egg whites
1 t. almond extract
1-1/2 c. miniature chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.


Combine coconut, flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl; mix in egg whites and almond extract. Stir in miniature chocolate chips.


Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or Silpat Liners, or greased and lightly floured).


Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire racks.

1 comment: