Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Summer Wedding Essential: Palm Fans


Having a summer wedding means that it is going to be hot. In Florida it can be 98 with a humidity percentage of 90 and you step outside and think you will die. I know it isn't as bad in northern states, but it can be absolutely brutal down south. Luckily in the islands there is a breeze when you are by the water and the high for June is 88, with temps feeling more like the low 80s.

Fans are a must have for an outside wedding, and I knew that I wanted to have palm fans for mine. I like the idea of personalizing them with favor tags and dressing them up with ribbons, so that is exactly what I did. I ordered my fans from Bliss Weddings Market ($30 with shipping for 20) and my tags from Forever Wed ($12 for 30). The ribbon took about 5 spools and roughly $10. So, for my 20 fans I spent about $2.50 per piece.

I know that people will be thankful for these during the ceremony/picture taking! Did you have an outdoor wedding in the summer? My body overheats extremely fast, so I know I will have a nice 'glow' to me. I have even toyed around with the idea of having my sister sneak a small handheld fan under my dress when I get to the altar!
I know it sounds crazy, but I am not joking around here! It will be hot under that dress! I am really thinking of having her 'adjust' the bottom of my dress and sticking this under me :)

Happy Friday - Have a fun and safe weekend! We are going out with friends each night and heading to the beach tomorrow. Luckily my burn turned into a tan today!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree about the fans. I'm sure they will be very much appreciated! And they're very pretty, something that can be used again. :)

    ReplyDelete