Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

For my curly/wavy/frizzy haired followers

For about 17 years now I have had hair that is plagued with frizz, waves and curls. If I dare step out into the humidity after straightening it, watch out because it will expand rapidly! I have mastered the straightening; in fact, I won't even let a professional give me a blowdry because it is never up to my standards.

Ever since I started working out daily, I knew that I needed to find the perfect concoction for my hair to have the curls defined and frizz less, without having crispy ends. I have tried every product you can find in target and even a few pricey ones. Travel sized hair products makes it easy to keep trying things, but it is frustrating when you are still left with a frizz filled head. Nothing worked for me until I tried the Redken products, so I thought that I would just share that with all of my readers. I have no frizz, curls and no crispiness to my locks. Here is my product routine these days:

I mentioned a week or so back that I bought the mending line from Bumble and Bumble. This complex goes on my hair directly after it is towel dried.

I then use a dime size amount of Redken Ringlet 07 and smooth it all over my hair. No combing, but I gently tousle and separate my hair with my fingers.
Then I add about 3 or 4 spritzes of Curl Force 17. It is more of a gel, so it gives a bit more hold to the frizz I think.

Then I place my diffuser on my blowdryer and set it to warm, medium speed and dry sections at a time, until almost completely dry. (I have begun spraying Tresemme's heat protectant on my hair before I blowdry also)
I finish with Pureologys Shinemax serum. I always use this after I flat iron also. It is the best serum that I have found and a bottle lasts a long time - you need to use it sparingly! It is the one product that I have consistently used for years.

I know that different prodcuts work for different hairtypes - but if you're still out there looking for a solution to pretty curls, and you have normal-colored-frizz hair, this may work for you also. You can get the Redken travcel size products at Ulta to try them out before you invest.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jennifer,

    I just wanted to pass along the Stylish Blog Award to you! I hope you accept. :) Enjoy!
    http://thiswomancooks.blogspot.com/2011/03/i-got-award.html

    ReplyDelete