Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Weight Loss Update

I told you how last week I saw a 2 pound weight drop, so on Monday when I hit the scale and saw another 2 pounds gone, I was skeptical. I didn't want to say anything really until a few days so I knew it was an accurate weight. I am so happy that it has stuck with me this whole week, so I am proudly down 2 more pounds! (I think that I was retaining some water so it took another couple of days to see the whole drop).

That brings my total weight loss for 12 months to 9 pounds. I fluctuated throughout the year, but am happy to be here. I feel really great and enjoy how I look! I wouldn't mind losing maybe 5 more pounds (my love handles and saddle bags are still hanging on!) and continuing to tone up, but would like to focus on maintaining where I am right now more than anything. A few things that really helped me out:

-Food Logging
-Meal Planning
-Exercise Logging
-Adding an extra day (or just extra time) of cardio
-Taking 2 classes per week that focus on strength training/weights
-The Scale (just a good way to stay motivated)
-Thinking about what I eat and how it will effect me (less carbs and sugar has really been to thank for these last few pounds, plus green tea over calorie snacks)

I suddenly found my motivation and just ran with it. Now I am definitely in the right mind set to continue going on. I think that not being too strict and not depriving myself has been key, as well as being realistic and keeping a routine that I can stick to for life. My next thing to tackle is my weekend eating! This weekend I hope to eat well on Friday night and Saturday daytime, then splurge a bit on Saturday evening and for Superbowl (duh!). Baby Steps.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats! That must be an amazing feeling. It definitely pays to be realistic about your work out schedule and eating habits. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 'realistic' is where a lot of people go wrong.I'm hoping to keep it up, thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete