Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Super Bowl Snack Ideas

Who is ready for Sunday?! As usual, I'll be having a low key Super Bowl Sunday. Adam has driven to Orlando practically every week in January, and will be here almost every weekend in February, so I let him decide where we would be this weekend. I am thankful that he is always understanding and would make the trip if I ever requested it, and vice versa. We are sad to miss a couple of fun parties with friends and sisters, but we are going to be in Gainesville this weekend. It's just one of the many sacrifices you have to make when you date long distance (you really have to believe that not everything is about you and I think that's why it doesn't work for a lot of people.). We have 2 days a week to see each other and definitely take full advantage of that time. So, that puts us in Gainesville for Super Bowl Sunday!

I am definitely someone who goes way overboard with snacks for these occasions, and since I've really been better with my eating I decided I am not going to do that this time around. I plan to make loaded nachos with shredded crock pot buffalo chicken, grilled stuffed jalapenos and subs. This will be plenty of food and provide some leftovers for lunch monday (hopefully!). I also have been thinking of making cake balls for Valentine's day at the office, so I may whip those up this weekend (since they need to freeze anyway).

I am trying not to scour the internet for anymore recipes, so that I can stick to this plan! Does anyone else go completely crazy when you have the chance to make a lot of snacks in place of a meal? I love snacking, having a variety of food is just fun for me. I can't wait to see all the blog posts on Monday and check out what everyone else made - great ideas for summer bbq's!

No comments:

Post a Comment