Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Make Ahead Mexican

 I am always looking for an easy make ahead lunch, and this week I wanted to go carbless. Making something on Sunday that can last the whole week and is a no fuss meal is ideal for me, and since I can eat the same meal for days on end, this method really works well for me. I decided to go with mexican this week, since it's mainly protein and vegetables with only some sodium from the taco seasoning. I also made up a batch for Adam, since I know it will make his life a little bit easier also. Quick has really become essential for me and my meals lately, so I will be making a lot of bulk lunches.

Make Ahead Mexican
8 skinless Chicken Tender Strips
2 Bell Peppers
1/2 Red Onion
2 Jalapeno Peppers
Pineapple
1/2 packet Taco Seasoning

Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and place all 8 tenders inside. Sprinkle a dash of seasoning on each piece and spread with a fork. Cover with a lid and let cook on medium heat. After 4 minutes, flip the tenders and add seasoning to the cooked side. Recover and cook through, about 4-5 more minutes.

While the chicken cooks, slice all veggies into strips, and pineapple into chunks.

Remove the tenders but leave all of the extra seasoning in the skillet. Place all of the vegetables in and sprinkle 2 tsp seasoning on top. Mix well to combine. Cover with the lid and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pineapple when vegetables are cooked.

Store in a container and portion out for lunches each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment