Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Graffiti Junktion Burgers

The Green Mountain Burger

About 2 or so years ago Orlando's Thorton Park was blessed with a new restaurant/bar, which happens to specialize in burgers. There are days where you just wake up wanting a big, loaded burger (say, after a night of drinking) and McDonalds just is NOT going to cut it.

Thorton Park is probably a 20-25 minute drive from my side of town, but last weekend I had one of those 'want a burger more than anything' mornings, and the only place that I knew would satisfy my craving was Grafitti Junktion. Not only do they have a great menu of pre-picked burgers, but you can also create your own with meats, veggies and cheeses. One of my favorite things about this place is that you can order your burger rare. Now, that's a sign of quality meat. The patties are gigantic and you are taken to your happy place when you bite in.

We went on a Sunday, when this area is crawling with brunch goers and everywhere you look you see someone wearing a high priced designer item. If I couldn't have seen the sun I would have thought it was a Friday night. Mimosas and Bloody Marys were on special for $3 and the brunch menu looked delicious. Pancakes, burritos and bagel sandwiches adorned the smaller menu, but I came for a burger and that's what I was getting.

I decided on the Green Mountain Burger, which comes with a fried egg (I got mine over hard to avoid the gooey mess), canadian bacon and cheddar plus the standard pickles, tomato and lettuce. It was my first time experiencing egg on a burger, or canadian bacon for that matter, and I probably never would have thought to throw those all together, but it was amazing. Served high on a fresh roll, taking a bite is sort of a challenge in itself, let alone making your way through the whole thing. It tasted like an egg mcmuffin, only 100 times better. The meat has a great flavor and melts in your mouth, unlike a lot of other places that need to cook through the under quality meat so that you can eat it, and you're left with a hard patty.

If you have the chance, you should definitely stop by Grafitti Junktion and try out the menu. There is a fun, laid back, artsy atmosphere and always good drink specials. And don't be afraid to order yours rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment