Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What are you thankful for?

As Thanksgiving nears, have you thought about what you are thankful for this season? It seems that a lot of people forget the meaning of the holiday and focus on massive amounts of turkeyand dressing (don't get me wrong, this is the fun part!). No one really ever gives too much thought or reflection on the question at hand: What are you thankful for?

I think that most people conclude that they are thankful for health, happiness and family. No family is perfect and even though everyone shows it in a different way, family is there for you always. It is the one staple that should be in your life and always give you good memories. As you grow older, you should come to the realization that you love and appreciate everyone for who they are, despite their flaws. Siblings become friends and even parents do the same.

As everyone gets their own life and sets out on their own journeys, it makes the holidays a nice time to come together and enjoy each other. I think that in a couple of years this will be more like my family, so for now I will enjoy the fact that everyone is still 2 miles apart, without significant others or kids to pull them in other directions. I happily picture everyone joining around the dinner table with husbands and kids at some point, but before things change I will take in what we have now.

I have a lot to be thankful for this year. I have great family, an amazing boyfriend who I hope to spend many more holidays with, supportive friends, my health, an income and more happiness than I could ever put into words. This year I have completed my AA degree, gotten myself out of debt, met and exceeded my fitness goals, and successfully tackled a long distance relationship. I feel more secure and successful than I ever have, and completely believe in myself. I am so excited for what the future holds for me and everyone that I know.














No comments:

Post a Comment