Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Recap

 Even though I'm into football season, my fantasy team has been doing increasingly bad, and I still save my biggest sports love for basketball. I was SO excited for last Thursday to roll around, which signaled the beginning of the Magic's 2010-2011 season! Their first game did not disappoint, when the took on the Wizards and really had their way with them. I was hyped up about Fridays game against the Heat, but knew that it was going to be a tough go for us. We pretty much fell apart, and I thought that Magic Shots would do the trick but alas, the Magic lost in a devastating second half. We did manage to have a great Friday night anyhow, we had dinner and drinks at Ale House and I discovered their new Potstickers, which I think I can safely say are my new go to food there.

Saturday we took it easy, watched some movies and I tried my hand at Homemade Oreo-like Cookies. Honestly, I think that they were a bust and I was pretty annoyed that I spent 3 hours working on them. I like the thought of the chocolate roll out cookie, but it just wasn't chocolatey enough or crispy enough either. The filling was just OK and I would think about re-trying this if I could think of a tweaked recipe. At least they came out cute, and when I get desperate for sweets this week, I will still eat them.
I have said it before, and I'll say it again: I love the fact that Adam can cook. This weekend I think that we concluded my likeness to a man. The way to my heart is through food, and Adam can definitely deliver. While I love to cook and bake, the fact that it is something we both enjoy makes me extremely happy. I finally got to try his mashed potatoes, which I have only heard rave reviews about, and they really were amazing! I threw together an easy lunch (grilled cheese on sourdough and tomato basil soup-to remind me of snow days and being a kid) and he made chicken and potaotes for dinner. Throughout my life potatoes have always been in my top 3 favorite foods, so it's fitting that he can make a mean mashed potato dish!

When Halloween Sunday rolled around, I was already taking down our decorations since I leave on Mondays and didn't want them to be up any longer, because obviously it is time to think Turkey! I put a few things up outside for the trick or treaters to see, but we really didnt get that many kids. Being that it is the first year in Gainesville, we didn't know what to expect so I didn't buy too much. We still have some leftover, but I happily left it with Adam and am staying halloween-candy free. It was cute to see all of the kids dressed up and I am loving all of the Facebook photos of people's children decked out as well. I hope that everyone had a safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment