Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Stuffed Chicken

I think that when you look at my cooking, the love that I have for the holidays is extremely reflective of the food that is made. I get much more creative and into it when I am able to work with these particular flavors. The holidays hold some of the best memories of my childhood and it is my favorite time of the year, by far. I am always sad when Christmas afternoon rolls around, because that means the season has ended and the next day the cheer will have run dry.

I conjured up this recipe while I was at work one day, longing for Thanksgiving time. It is basically a stuffing inside of the chicken breast, that tastes exactly like Thanksgiving day. All of these flavors are what Thanksgiving is to me. If you are like me and anxiously awaiting the holiday, go ahead and make this, you will be so glad that you did!

Thanksgiving Stuffed Chicken
4 Chicken breasts
4 Stale Slices of White Bread
4 Turkey Sausage Patties
1/2 Onion, chopped
8 oz Mushrooms, chopped
5 pieces of Celery, chopped
1/2 Granny Smith Apple, chopped (I would use a whole apple next time)
1 Cup Chicken Stock
1 tsp Sage
Ground S&P


In a skillet over medium heat, spray with cooking spray and cook turkey meat until done. Add celery, apple and onion; cook until tender. Add mushrooms, sage, s&p and cook for another 5 minutes. Cut the bread into cubes and place in the skillet, then gradually add the chicken stock while mixing, until bread is softened and there is no excess liquid. Cover with a lid and place on low for 5 minutes. Let cool.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the chicken so that you can stuff the breast completely. Using a spoon, scoop the filling into the chicken breasts and place on a baking pan.

Sprinkle S&P on top and bake for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink. Reminisce about holidays past :)

No comments:

Post a Comment