Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin Meatloaf Muffins

I have been struggling with dinners lately, since I get home fairly late to cook up something spectacular, and I only cook for myself. Last week I settled for some lean cuisines, but when I was introduced to this recipe I knew that it would be a perfect freezer meal to me. With the pumpkin thrown in, it is something that is totally up my alley and that I'm so happy I discovered. Over at Cara's Cravings, she made these perfect little pumpkin turkey meatloaf muffins. I made up a batch today and came out with 20 mini meatloafs that I can freeze and pull out for dinner or lunch. They are healthy, moist and full of flavor. I have my adjusted recipe below. I ate these 2 at a time, on a bed of about 1 tbsp Pumpkin Puree and 1 tsp Cranberry sauce with some roasted carrots. I like that this will now be a no fuss, low maintenance dinner for the busy weeknighs.


Pumpkin Meatloaf Muffins (adapted from Cara's Cravings)

1 cup finely chopped onion
1 8oz package mushrooms, chopped finely
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 lb 99% lean ground turkey breast
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg white
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1 heaping tsp minced fresh thyme
Freshly ground salt and pepper
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
6 oz Cranberry Sauce

Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a standard 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.

In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the onions until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes more, until vegetables are tender. Add to a bowl with the turkey, pumpkin, egg white, soy, bread crumbs, thyme, cranberry, salt &p. Toss gently to combine. Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin tin. Place in the oven, bake for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment