Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Candy Corn Bark

With a Halloween party just 2 days away, I am beginning to stress out about the prep work for the food. Since I am 2 hours away from the location and won't get there until tomorrow afternoon, I really needed to make some things ahead of time at home to just pack and bring with me. I found this bark recipe on allrecipes.com and loved that it was easy, yet festive. After searching through the comments section, I decided to go with a version that was made into mini cupcake liners. Let me tell you, these are SWEET! I have a love affair with chocolate, and one of these satisfied my chocolate craving for a day. If you are looking for something easy to make for any type of party this year, I would add these to your list.

Candy Corn Bark (adapted from allrecipes)
24 Mini cupcake Liners and 2 pans
1 lb White Chocolate
1 Cup Candy Corn
24 Mini Pretzels, broken into pieces
6 Halloween Oreos, cut into fourths

Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate on low heat, making sure not to burn.

Through trial and error I decided that the best method was to put just a dab of melted chocolate on the bottom of the liner, add oreo piece to anchor it down, drop pretzel pieces around the oreo.

 Add more white chocolate on top to coat. Top with Candy Corn Pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment