Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

White Chocolate Snack Mix

This white chocolate snack mix recipe has been sitting in my google reader for months now, from the blog Apple A Day. It is really a simple idea that I know has been done before, but I have never had a reason to create it. Now I have, and this could be addicting!  I have had my eye out for Halloween m&ms for about a month, and still have not found them. You know, the purple green and black ones. So here I sat yesterday, picking the red, brown, orange and yellow m&ms out of a regular old bag. I also got cheap and used Publix brand Crispex instead of Chex, but I am positive that it tastes exactly the same.

You can add anything to this mix. Nuts, coconut, milk/dark chocolate, etc, etc. I love when people make this in the winter with milk chocolate and powdered sugar, so that will probably be my Christmas holiday version.

White Chocolate Snack Mix (from Apple A Day)
8 cups Chex or Crispex Cereal
8 oz white chocolate
1.5 cups M&Ms
2 cup mini pretzels
1 tbsp oil

Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate on low heat with the oil - to loosen up the chocolate.

Place all other ingredients into a large bowl. When Chocolate is melted, pour into the bowl and use a large spoon to mix until everything is covered with chocolate.

Spread out on parchment paper to dry, about 2 hours. Break large pieces apart. This can be stored for about a week in an airtight container.



No comments:

Post a Comment