Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Getting in on all of the trends

This past weekend I went out with Adam and my family to dinner. In Orlando, during the month of September, select restaurants offer 3-4 course meals for $30. It's a good way to try out some new places without spending the hefty price tag. We went to A Land Remembered, which is at a nice hotel by Universal. I wanted to dress up a pair of jeans, and wanted to wear my GAP City Flats for the first time!

I thought that they were cute, but realized they are not for the heat, as they trap it in the shoe pretty good. So, I think I will wait for cooler weather to pull these out again. As you know, I sweat and overheat pretty easily so they are probably fine for a normal person.


I also wore a sheer green ruffled top from Express. I know that ruffles are a trend of the season, but I happen to like them all of the time! Express is where I've been buying my work clothes from for a while, and since I'm trying to up my wardrobe a bit, I think this top fits in. It is suitable for work but also for a nice night out.


For the final time of the season I polished my nails with Nicole by OPI's Play Fair lavender polish. I'm not sure that purple will be in again next summer, but I do like how it matches this ring, which I got from a Christmas Street Festival type thing in NYC a couple years back. I am ready to break out some darker colors and reds, so it's goodbye to summer colors!                     

No comments:

Post a Comment