Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Autumn Stuffed Chicken

I am upset that my camera battery is dead and I don't have the charger, because I really wanted a nice picture of this chicken. You will just have to trust me that it is so good. I wanted to make a fall dish for dinner, so I thought this up. Brie, apples and onion are the perfect mix for the stuffing of the chicken breasts, It is simple and easy to put together on the weeknights, and I promise that it will make you think of leaves falling, apple picking, cider and pumpkins. I paired it with oven fries(sweet potatoes) and it will double as dinner for tomorrow night.

Autumn Stuffed Chicken
2 Chicken Breasts
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
Pepper
Italian Seasoning
Brie, sliced and rine removed
1/2 Gala Apple, sliced and slices halved
1/2 White Onion, sliced and slices halved
1 tbsp Brown Sugar

Marinate Chicken in olive oil, s&p and Italian seasonings, overnight or throughout the day.

When you're ready to cook, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a small skillet, add a dash of olive oil and add apples and onion. Place brown sugar and a pinch of salt and stir. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, or until tender.

Using either a knife or kitchen scissors, cut the chicken at the thickest part and continue to cut through the middle until you get to the thinnest end. Stuff with brie, apples and onion. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through. Since the chicken is basically sliced in half, it takes hardly any time cook through, although ovens could vary the baking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment