Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cooking For Today and Days To Come

When I looked at todays weather, in anticipation of a temperature drop, I saw that the high was 91. That is still extremely hot, but I am glad to see that it is slowly declining. I am still in the fall mood and not letting the heat rain on my parade of pumpkin, chili and hot chocolate thoughts. I am cooking for Kelly tomorrow, but I am really kicking it into high gear this weekend.

This year I decided that I am really going to get into freezing some foods for later on in the year. There are so many lazy weekends where you don't want to do anything, so it will be nice to have a few things stocked for us. My plan is to make something each weekend that we can freeze for later on.

I feel like Adam is often treating us to lunches and dinners, so this weekend I am going to show my appreciation by providing a couple good meals that I think will hit the spot for us both.

On Friday I am going to tackle all new recipes! For an app I will start off with these really yummy looking  Brie Stuffed Mushrooms and then follow them up with a dinner of Garlic Parm Chicken and Three Cheese Risotto. I have never tried to make risotto before, so I really hope that it is as easy as people claim it to be. I will be halving parts of the recipe, so I'll cross my fingers that things go according to plan.

On Saturday I am going to go sort of easy, but more in the comfort food area. I'll pick up a loaf of Panera's Asiago Focaccia Bread (I would bake it myself, but I already know I won't be up for it! Plus I can pick up a few bagels for breakfast) and make Cheddar-Roast Beef sammies on that and I want to try out Pioneer Woman's Macaroni and Cheese. This is where the freezing comes in and I will put away half before baking. I also want to bake some cookies, so I'm going to go with this Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that I have had bookmarked for a while now. Since I like chewy cookies I think that this will be a good one, I will use the freezer to oven method  and also keep about half of the dough frozen for another weekend.

I know that it's only Tuesday but I can't wait for the weekend to get here, waking up was extremely difficult this morning! I am also excited because my new Chargers t-shirt finally came in the mail so I get to wear that while I await a comeback from my fantasy team.

No comments:

Post a Comment