Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Beach, Baseball and the Ending of Summer

I was pretty bummed out when my birthday fell on a Tuesday, and I knew that Adam wouldn't be spending my birthday with me. Months ago he had gotten tickets to the Red Sox games at the Rays, so it became my birthday weekend, and I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out! I have to say that the biggest suprise came before we even headed off on Saturday morning. Friday night Adam planned a birthday dinner and I really had no idea where we were going. We eventually ended up at Dragonfly, which is an amazing sushi place. He has always said he hated sushi until he tried a spicy tuna roll a few weeks back. Now he is hooked and I couldn't be more excited about that!

We got a hotel on Clearwater Beach and stayed on the beach all day, which was nearly impossible because of the scorching sun! I was so relieved everytime I saw one of those big, fluffy white clouds roll by that brought a sigh of relief and what felt like a 10 degree temperature difference. Upon our return to the room we received a nice bottle of champagne to start the evening, which just added to the already perfect day. Both nights we made our way to Tropicana field for the games. It was a lot of fun, but being my first time at this field I was a bit dissapointed; indoor baseball games are just not the same! I soon came to know about the cow bells and how crazy these fans can get. The second night I was suprised with a birthday message on the scoreboard; my first time ever getting up on there! Adam also scored us seat to the Magics first preseason home game, so we can be at the first gaem of the new stadium! I could not have asked for a better weekend away, it was such an enjoyable, thoughtful time.

We, of course, ate and drank too much so this week I am happy to get back to the gym and do a small sort of detox. Labor day is only 6 days away, which signals the first farewell to the summer. Starbucks already has the Pumpkin Spice Latte out and Oktoberfest Pumpkin Brew is on the shelves, and so begins our journey to Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment