Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Baked Potato

I know that people think baked potatoes are the easiest thing to make, but I like to think that mine are better than average. This was confirmed when I made them the other week and got a big eyed look from Adam who proclaimed 'This is the best potato I've ever had at home!' I had to agree that these just came out perfect, we even baked one up the next night. I know that people will call potatoes baked in foil 'steamed' but they are still baking in the oven, and the foil really keeps in the flavor and texture and keeps the skin soft and moist. I loaded them up, since it was the weekend and all, but you could really eat this as a meal itself, and it wouldn't be too bad for you.

Baked Potatoes
2 Large Baking Potatoes
4 tbsp Fat Free Sour Cream
2 tbsp Butter - I use Smart Taste with Flax Seed Oil
4 Green Onion, chopped
4 tbsp Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Aluminum Foil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While it is heating up, clean potatoes and puncture with a fork all the way around. Microwave both potatoes at once, for 5 minutes.

Drizzle olive oil on the potato and rub in so that the entire surface is covered. Sprinkle kosher salt and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Place on center rack in oven and bake for 50 minutes, turning over half way through.

Remove from oven and foil. Make a slit in the top of the potato and carefully mash, with a knife, the inside of potato while keeping the skin intact, add cheese, butter, sourcream, s&p and green onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment