Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

No Fail Sugar Cookies

A couple of months back I stumbled upon the Sweetopia blog and fell in love with all of the cookies. I have done the flooding and bordering in the past, but it is so time consuming that you really have to be into it, as sugar cookies just take so much time to prepare and the icing also takes a while. I was inspired and so this past weekend I decided to bake some up. I was lucky enough to have my sisters and mom help me decorate.

No Fail Sugar Cookies (recipe from my mom, original origin unknown)
6 Cups Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
2 Cups Sugar
2 Cups butter, softened
2 tsp Flavoring (I prefer Vanilla)
2 Eggs

In a mixing bowl, fully combine butter and sugar. In a separate bowl, stir together flour and baking powder.

Add eggs to butter mix and combine, then add flavoring. Once mixed well, slowly add in flour mixture until blended thoroughly.

Separate dough into 2 or 4 balls (if you want thin cookies make 4, for thicker make 2). In between 2 sheets of parchment paper, roll out each ball to desired thickness and place on a cookie sheet. Place in refrigerator until firm.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Take cookie sheets out one at a time, cut dough into shapes and place on cold cookie sheet. Pop in the oven for 10-13 minutes (depending on thickness). Roll out the remaining dough and place back in the fridge to get cold. Repeat until all the dough is baked.


For the icing I used the prepackaged royal icing mix, to which you just add water and mix. I use wilton dyes and the disposable piping bags with just the tip snipped off for all icings.

No comments:

Post a Comment