Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Crash Red Potatoes

It is not a secret that I love potatoes. Mashed potatoes were one of my top foods growing up, and everywhere I go I like to get a side of them with my meal. I can make a mean baked potato, and most recently I've become addicted to roasted sweet potatoe wedges. I was wanting to do soemthing a little different, so I did crash potatoes the other night. They are simple and when you have a dinner that takes a while to make, its nice to be able to throw these in some water then into the oven.

Crash Red Potatoes
Red Potatoes
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Oregano

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Place potatoes in a pot of boiling water, for about 40 minutes, depending on how many potatoes you are making. When they are fork tender, they are ready to be taken out.

Place on a baking sheet and using a potato masher, or the top of a meat pounder like me, smash down the potatoes so that the inside is exposed.

Drizzle with olive oil and top with salt, pepper and oregano. Bake in the over for about 15 minutes, or unti lcooked all the way through and the skin is crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment