Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Seafood Stuffed Salmon

Fish is something that is not yet in my comfort zone when it comes to making a nice meal out of it. I have not experimented much with it and don't know exactly which flavors go well with each type of fish. Honestly, I didnt even know where you stuff a salmon filet. Since we are in lent, Friday night dinners tend to be tough to figure out since there's no meat involved.

I really wanted to try a stuffed salmon dish, so I took to google and got ideas from probably 7+ recipes I saw. This came out amazing. With the amount of fish I bought, you could make 4 servings, but I chose to make 2 large ones that lasted us about 3 days. This is definitely something you could get in a restaurant and has an amazing flavor. We were both extremely impressed, and I think my slight fear of fish is fading!

Seafood Stuffed Salmon
2 lbs fresh Salmon, either 2 or 4 pieces
10 large White shrimp, chopped into small pieces
6 oz fresh Backfin Crab Meat
5 oz chopped Spinach (I used the packaged frozen kind)
1/4 White Onion, small/medium size
6 tbsp Stuffing Mix (I used Stove Top, Homestyle)
2 cloves Garlic, minced
6 tbsp Butter
3 Green Onions
1/4 cup White Wine
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
S&P
Extra Virgin Olive oil

Heat oven to 370 degrees.

In a large skillet, melt butter. Add shrimp, crabmeat, spinach, garlic, green and white onions. Stir every couple minutes, making sure to cook shrimp all the way through. Add white wine, then stuffing. Stir until combined and the stuffing is soft. Add garlic powder and a pinch of S&P. Remove from heat.

Cut slits into the salmon on the sides, where the fish is thickest. Place them on an aluminum wrapped baking sheet. Stuff with the seafood mixture.

Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over each piece and add a pinch of S&P. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and flakes with a fork.

1 comment: