Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

BBQ Turkey Burgers

LAtely I have really been trying to eat better, so I have gotten back on the cooking wagon! I wanted to do something with ground turkey and I came upon this BBQ Turkey Burger recipe from Cooking Light. The reviews said it was moist and delicious, so I gave it a shot and wow! It WAS moist! I have had problems in the past with the turkey meat really drying out, but this one did not do that at all. I was very pleased with the taste and will make these again. I actually had some leftover mix and I froze it and will probably cook it up on a skillet and have it over a salad. I really didnt measure out the portions, I just eyeballed it all so Im posting the original recipe here.

BBQ Turkey Burgers (from Cooking Light)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground turkey (I used 99% fat free and it still came out tasting great)
Cooking spray
4 large leaf lettuce leaves
4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns (I used arnold's 100 calorie whole wheat flat buns)
Combine the onion, 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, breadcrumbs, and the next 5 ingredients (breadcrumbs through turkey) in a medium bowl. Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1 1/2 inch-thick patty. (I added a piece of ff cheddar in the centers of each patty to give it something extra)

Heat a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Place patties in pan; cook 7 minutes on each side or until done.
Place 1 lettuce leaf, 1 tomato slice, and 1 patty on the bottom half of each bun. Spread each patty with 1 1/2 teaspoons barbecue sauce. Cover with top halves of buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment