Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

More Tilapia/Chicken Tacos

Last night I made chicken and tilapia tacos with veggies and lots of toppings. It made me so full, but today I feel thinner than I have in a while! My pants are feeling good and my stomach feels flatter, from the inside. Hard to explain but Im sure most people experience this. I like that feeling, and it always makes me want to keep eating right to maintain it. I know that on Friday I will be eating poorly while tailgating, and drinking too many calories also, but if I go into it like this, I hope to emerge the next day ready to hit the gym and whip up something good again. Im back to day 5!

Tilapia and Chicken Tacos
Chicken Breasts, cubed
Tilapia Fillets
1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced into strips
1/2 Orange Bell Pepper, sliced into strips
2 Jalapenos, sliced into strips
3/4 Red Onion, 1/2 cut into rings and then halved and the other 1/2 chopped for topping
2 tbs EVOO
Extreme Wellness Whole Wheat Tortillas (76 calories per shell)
1 packet low sodium Fajita Seasoning
Cilantro, chopped for topping
Can or Corn for topping
Can of Black Beans for topping
1/2 Avacado, sliced for topping
Salsa and Sour Cream

Place peppers, jalapenos and halved onion into a skillet on medium/high heat with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle seasoning on top, to taste. Cook until soft and move to a bowl.

Place tilapia over 1/2 tbsp evoo and sprinkle lightly with fajita seasoning. Cook until you can flake it apart and then add remaning seasoning, to taste. In another pan, place chicken over 1/2 tbsp evoo and sprinkle with seasoning to taste. once almost done, move to half of the pan and add vegetables back into the other half to reheat.

I served each in a separate bowl. Add toppings

No comments:

Post a Comment