Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Mini Pasta Bake



Tonight I am just tired, I feel like I had a long day! Since Im just cooking for me, I took out a tomato, mozzerella basil chicken sausage link this morning to thaw and decided I would figure out something to make with it. The easiest thing was pasta. I walked in the door and threw the link in boiling water, the pasta in water and went and got changed and comfy. When I came back in I just had to throw a few more ingedients into mini casserole dishes and pop in the oven. This is a great meal for anytime when you're not feeling like preparing a big meal. I also just used ingredients that were sitting around. I used 2 mini casserole dishes to control the portions, I ate one tonight and will take one to work tomorrow. The portion size and ingredients made it a low cal meal as well.

Mini Pasta Bake
makes 2 mini casserole dishes
1 cup Ronzoni Smart Taste Spaghetti
1 link Chicken Sausage (I used tomato, mozzerella basil flavor)
1/2 cup Pasta Sauce (I used mushroom and garlic)
1/2 cup rf Mozzerella
1 slice Swiss Cheese
1/4 cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Basil
1/4 tsp Oregano
Sprinkle Red Pepper Flakes
Pinch S&P

Put pasta in boiling water and cook el dente. Heat sausage in boiling water until heated throughout. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

If you dont want to divide into 2 dishes, you can just throw everything into a medium size dish that can go into the oven.

Put cottage cheese into the dish and smash so that the curds are smaller. Then add 1/2 of the pasta sauce, onion powder, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes and mix. Add Spaghetti and mix again. Add 1/2 mozzerella. Cut up sausage link and place pieces on top, followed by the remining mozerella, remaining pasta sauce and slice of swiss on top. Bake for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment