Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Luau Chicken Sammie

This morning I had a really great run, I went further than my norm and even though my shins were hurting, I made it through. I even almost took out a boyscout on the sidewalk! I have felt ravenous all day and Im not sure why. I took out some chicken this morning, having no idea what I was oging ot do with it and this is what I came up with. There was pinepple in the pantry and rolls in the freezer. It turned out pretty good and is easy to throw together when youre not feeling like doing too much.

Luau Chicken Sammie
1 Chicken breast, pounded thin
1 Roll
1 slice Swiss Cheese
1 slice Pineapple
Lettuce to go on top
1/2 tsp Thyme
1/2 stp Basil
1/2 tsp Garlit Salt
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Dry Mustard
1/8 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
1/2 tsp Brown sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix together all dry seasonings, except brown sugar. Rub them on both sides of the chicken. Put on a baking dish and cook for 10 minutes. Flip and add brown sugar on top, cook for 3-5 more minutes, until heated throughout.

Place on roll, followed by cheese, pineapple and lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment