Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Chicken Pot Pie a la Mom

Chicken Pot Pie is such a cold weather recipe. My mom has always made it with her biscuits instead of in a pie crust, and I was really feeling like making it last night with the cold snap. It was super easy, and since I couldn't cook until a little later in the evening, it was perfect. The recipe that she gave me doesnt really give an amount for the flour mix, so I just estimated and I ended up adding too much, and eve nadding more water to it didn't get it to the perfect consistency, so you have to just eyeball it to your liking. For my first try I would say that I did pretty well! Adam had never had any type of pot pie before so this was his first experience. He cleaned his plate, and we are ready for leftovers on Saturday.
Chicken Pot Pie
makes about 4 servings
2 Chicken Breasts
4 large Carrots, sliced
5 Celery pieces, sliced
3/4 White Onion, chopped
Salt and Pepper
Flour mix consisting of flour and water

In a large pot, place chicken, carrots, celery and onion and cover with water. Add salt and pepper to taste, about 1 tbsp of each. Place on high heat and cook for 30 minutes. At 20 minutes, take out the chicken and continue cooking the vegetables. Fork the chicken apart and place back in at 30 minutes. Cook for another 4 minutes.
Make the flour mix by combining water with flour, and pour into the pot. You can put in however much you'd like to make the consistency you enjoy. Try not to put too much and then add water, instead slowly add the flour mix. Serve with biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment