Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Sweet Spanish Corn Cakes


I can honestly say that I cannot remember ever having sweet corn cake, which is strange because I love corn and mexican food! Adam brought this recipe to my attention when sending me his birthday menu so we followed it exactly and it came out really good, now whenever I see this on a menu I will have to order!

Sweet Spanish Corn Cakes (from That's My Home)
Makes 8 Servings
1/2 C. butter or margarine softened
1/3 C. masa harina
1/4 C. water
1 package (10 oz.) frozen corn, thawed
1/3 C. sugar
4 T. yellow cornmeal
2 T. whipping cream
1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
With an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine until fluffy. Gradually beat in masa harina. On low speed, beat in water.Place corn in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until chopped coarse. Stir in masa mixture.
In a small bowl, stir together sugar, cornmeal, cream, baking powder, and salt. Stir into corn mixture.
Spread in a greased, 8-inch-square baking pan. Cover with foil. Place in a larger pan and pour boiling water half way up the side of the smaller pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until set. Remove smaller pan from water, uncover, and let stand 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment