Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Healthier Quesdaillas


Last night I was trying to think of a way to do wings that wasn't so unhealthy. You can add buffalo and bbq sauce to anything really, so I decided on quesadillas. It was really easy and they turned out really good! I didn't feel like I was missing out on good food while watching the football game.

Buffalo/BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
4 tortillas (I used a new kind that has 100 calories and 13 grams of fiber)
2 chicken breasts
1/2 onion, chopped and caramelized
4 tbsp fat free ranch
3 tbsp Franks Red Hot wing sauce
3 tbsp BBQ sauce
1/2 cup reduced fat mozzerella, shredded
1/2 cup fat free cheddar, shredded

Boil chicken in pot of water for about 25-30 minutes. Take out and shred. Set aside.

Spray cooking pan and put on medium/high heat. Place tortilla inside - try to only have half touching the pan. Add a sprinkle of cheese, 1 tbsp fat free ranch and some of the caramelized onion. Once it starts to melt, add chicken pieces and either 1tbs buffalo sauce or 1tbsp bbq sauce, followed by another sprinkle of cheese. I used mozzerella for the buffalo and cheddar for the bbq. Fold over tortilla and flip to cook the other side. Cook about 3 minutes, or until hot and melty, and serve.
I

I also made a big salad for the side and used fat free ranch and a small amount of bbq for the dressing, so I only ate one quesadilla which meant leftovers for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment