Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cream Cheese Danish


Any kind of cheese is fine by me. Add it to something sweet and it's even better. I remember eating entenmanns cheese danish when I was younger. It was a treat and I really loved it. Soemtimes when I pass it in the store I am so tempted to purchase it - but being the only sweet eating in my house, I bring myself back to the reality that I would gain 5 pounds if I put it in my cart. Come on Remy, grow up and eat lots of good stuff with Mommy!!

This past year I really wanted to try out some recipes to become traditional holiday foods. So this was on my Christmas morning list. Surprisingly, Adam liked it! He is not a sweet eater at all, as I've mentioned before, so I was loving that he enjoyed it. I made it the night before but it was easy enough that I should have made it that morning.

Next time I would love to try this individual cheese danish recipe. They look so yummy!

Cream Cheese Danish (from The Adventures of Kitchen Girl)
2 cans ready to use refrigerated crescent rolls
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg white

Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13X9-inch baking pan.

Lay a pack of crescent rolls in the pan and pinch the openings together.

Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg together until smooth. Spread the mixture over the crescent rolls evenly and then lay the second pack of crescent rolls on top of the cheese mixture and brush with egg white.

Bake for 35-45 minutes until the top is golden brown. Top with glaze after cooling for 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment