Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cranberry Mojitos



OK....so I know I am waaaay behind in my postings. The holiday/new year got the best of me and I never got around to posting, but I did take plenty of photos. So here I am, sharing with you now.

Here's a cocktail that is a combo of one of my favorite drinks (mojitio!!) and a holiday staple: cranberries. Of course, you can enjoy this any time of the year, but it's perfect for a holiday party too.
Cranberry Mojito (from We Are Not Martha)
8 oz. fresh cranberries
1 C sugar
1 C water
20 mint leaves
2 T lime juice
Ice
4 oz. rum
4-6 oz. soda water

Put cranberries, sugar, and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.

Then lower the heat a bit to medium-low and continue to cook for about 10 minutes, before your berries start bursting. Remove from heat

Once the berry mixture has cooled, you can strain them.

Put about 10 leaves of mint and a T of lime juice in each glass. With the back of a wooden spoon or a muddler mash the mint up.


Put ice in each glass and pour 2 oz. of the cranberry syrup and 2 oz. rum into each glass.

Top off each glass with soda water. And sprinkle some fresh cranberries in for garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment