Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Basil Cauliflower Pizza Crust


Trying new foods can be fun and scary at the same time. And sometimes it just feels dangerous.

I don't think that I ever got a chance to share my twice baked cauliflower. I had been skeptical about this substitution food that has been swirling around pinterest like crazy, but decided to try it. I am really not a cauliflower fan, but everyone proclaimed that it didn't taste like cauliflower, although it didn't taste like potatoes either. So I didn't really know what to expect. I didn't want to surprise Adam with this dish that looked like mashed potatoes but didn't taste like it, so I warned him beforehand that we were going on a flavor adventure. Anyway, we both ended up really enjoying it. With bacon and cheese how could you not??

So, I decided to give this cauliflower pizza crust a try. I have to say, it was really good. It tastes like a flat bread and baked up really quickly. I will definitely use this again in the future. I made two small crusts instead of 4, like the original recipe calls for.

Keep in mind that cauliflower is used to make recipes low carb and not necessarily low fat or low cal.

Basil Cauliflower Pizza Crust (from Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body)
2 eggs
2 cups mozzarella cheese
2 cups riced cauliflower (grate the cauliflower on a cheese grater)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup fresh julienned basil

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Divide into 1, 2, or 4 portions and lay out on your baking sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes.

Remove and top however you'd like, then place in the oven until the cheese melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment