Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Peanut Butter Cups



My motto is that every diet deserves a treat. I never fully cut out sweets because it is just impossible for me and I would end up going on a 3 day chocolate binge a couple of days in.

Especially with having to tote little Remy around now I try to make things that I already have the ingredients for. So, I scraped all around our pb jar and added a chopped milk chocolate square to the chocolate bowl. Everything came together so fast and easy, and I got 24 mini muffin tin pb cups out of this recipe. I am storing 6 in the fridge and the rest are in the freezer.

These really do taste like the real deal. They are addicting, delicious, melt-in-your-mouth yummy. They would be perfect for a party, or as a small treat for you of course! I never thought that there would be a good homemade peanut butter cup recipe, but this is it. So go ahead, make these and enjoy :)

Peanut Butter Cups (from Blue Eyed Bakers)
1/4 cup butter, cut into cubes
3/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, about 4 whole crackers
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup milk

Line a muffin tin (large or mini) with paper liners.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter & peanut butter together for 45 seconds. Stir until smooth. Add graham cracker crumbs and sugar and mix to combine. Distribute mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set peanut butter layer.

After the peanut butter has chilled, combine chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 25 second intervals until chocolate is just melted. Stir until smooth. Distribute chocolate evenly over the top of the peanut butter layer. Chill until firm, at least 30 minutes. Store in the fridge. or just devour!



1 comment: