Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cilantro Chicken


Thanks again to Pinterest for helping me make a healthy dinner! I am not one to use the grill, in fact I don't think I have ever put something on the grill or taken it off. Not by myself, anyway. I should probably learn, but for now I use my grill pan for most recipes like chicken and turkey burgers. (But you should have seen me try to cook this chicken inside with a crying baby in one arm, I dont think I could have pulled off a grill)

This is an easy marinade that you can throw on your chicken and let soak in. I think this chicken would be best mixed with something, perhaps some sort of chicken salad, on top a green salad, a sandwich with melty cheese, enchiladas, or a quesadilla like I ended up doing. Actually, I made a lot so that it would last a few dinners and I could do various things with it. I had it plain, in a quesadilla and will think up something else for tomorrow. I like the creativeness of this and that you could freeze it with the marinade on for later use.

Cilantro Chicken (from My Recipe)
2 Pounds chicken breasts, pounded to the same thinness
1/4 cup lime juice (I used 3 limes)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix all ingredients together. Arrange chicken in a shallow baking pan and pour marinade on top. Let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.

Grill for about 5 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment